Inclusion & belonging
Being yourself at work
Every. Single. Day.
Our aim is for co-members to feel welcomed at Reed and ultimately be their true self at work. We are proud to promote inclusion & diversity among clients, candidates and co-members as equal opportunities employers. It’s our policy to support people who hold Protected Characteristics (under the Equality Act 2010) both internally and externally through supporting recruitment practices based solely upon merit.
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity
Love Mondays, love inclusion
Here at Reed, we prioritise inclusion and are passionate about individuals feeling welcome.
In 2019, we launched our new Inclusion Strategy, aligning our commitment business vision to our inclusion aim.
Images: Some of our diversity champions across the Reed Group
We encourage inclusivity through learning at Reed. We invite co-members to complete unconscious bias training and inclusive management e-learning designed to help them recognise and combat any unconscious bias in the workplace. We also have a variety of additional e-learning modules associated with wellbeing, inclusion and mindfulness.
Reed is also committed to reducing its gender pay gap and providing greater opportunities for women to progress into senior positions. Along with our Women in Leadership Mentoring Scheme, in 2018, we pledged to the Governments ‘Working Forward’ campaign and Tommy’s ‘Pregnancy at Work’ charity to support new parents and pregnant women in the workplace. These initiatives allow co-members to:
- Join a community of pregnant women and new parents
- Access to the ‘Pregnancy at Work Hotline’, with a 24/7 specialist advice
- Utilise ‘Guides for Managers’, ensuring they know how best to support colleagues
CEO Women in Leadership pledges
James Reed made three pledges on International Women’s Day 2018 to help support women in the workplace across the whole Reed Group:
- To introduce talks, seminars and webinars once a quarter, which will be run by successful women, to encourage and inspire the women in the business.
- To grow and sustain a female mentoring system to provide the women who work at Reed with a system of support and advice.
- That Reed will seek to have, women make up 50% of its senior leadership team over the next 3-5 years. They will be there because they are good at their jobs.
Attracting a more diverse candidate pool
We are proud to have an inclusive recruitment process with equal opportunities available for all at Reed. With a blended selection approach including psychometric testing and telephone interviews, we aim to reduce bias through a skills based recruitment process. We also have an inclusive recruitment policy, to ensure accountability of our recruiting line managers.
We grow top talent internally year on year. We’re dedicated to democratising access to opportunity and making sure everyone has the chance to fulfil their potential, whatever their
(click / hover over icons to learn more)