- Office Location: 900 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7RG
- Office Name: Head Office - N900
- Sector: Shared Service Centre
- Salary: £22000 - £22000
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 447920
Workforce Planning Executive
We are recruiting for a Workforce Planning Executive to join our specialist recruitment team in Northampton.
- Role: Workforce Planning Executive
- Salary: £22,000 per annum
- Type: Fixed Term Contract (19 week) with the possibility of extension
- Start Date: 13th September 2021
- End Date: 14th January 2021
- Hours: Monday – Sunday (40 hours per week). Please note that we require candidates to be flexible as the office is open between 6-11pm, you will be working 8 hours per day (with a 60 minute lunch). Your core hours will be working Monday – Friday either 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm, you will also work either a late or early shift per week, 6am-3pm or 2pm-11pm. You will work one weekend out of every four (9-5pm) and will get time off in the week to compensate.
- Location: Brackmills, Northampton (free parking onsite)
*Due to the nature of this role, there is a holiday ban across November and December (bar the dates off for Christmas).*
What will you be doing?
You will be working within the Workforce Planning team who are responsible for filling shifts on behalf of Royal Mail. The work involves taking orders from either one large site of a group of sites and filling these to the targets set. You will be responsible for keeping your pool of candidates up to date, allocating shifts to them on a daily or weekly basis, ensuring that all candidates are compliant and able to go out to work . Placing new starters in for induction, creating signing in sheets and dealing with all queries. This is a fast paced role and therefore requires candidates who have experience of working with customers, familiar with working on systems and working on the phone.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to bring in a real go-getter who thrives in a fast paced and a Call Centre environment
- Experience of working to targets, deadlines or SLA’s and can demonstrate this
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service and rapport building skills
- Experience of complaint handling is desirable but not essential
- PC Literate must have experience of Excel and Word
- Experience and a desire to work on the phone
- Great team player
- Drive to succeed
- Resilient and adaptable
You will be starting in our brand new luxurious offices and in return for your hard work we offer specialist recruitment training, 25 days holiday (pro rata), rewards and recognition. Alongside this, you will be working with a very strong team, where you can learn, grow and develop your skills.
If this sounds like you then apply to find out more. Our selection process will consist of a 20 minute structured telephone interview, online testing and video interview.
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.