- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online
- Sector: Product (Tech)
- Salary: £40000 - £50000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 436133
Reed Online are looking for a UX Designer to join their team based in Holborn, Central London (remote working until at least June).
Reed Courses is a fast-growing, autonomous department within a large and well known recruitment group. As a marketplace, we focus on connecting potential students with the right course, and offer a complete user experience from browsing through to purchase and aftercare.
We’re an agile and fast paced team, with access to the resources of a very well established company. A small and tight knit department with a strong emphasis on feedback and idea sharing, we are all dedicated to making the product a success for both of our user groups – our students, and our course providers.
Experiencing continual growth and with the desire to further expand our product range, we’re looking for someone who wants to play a part in shaping the future of Reed Courses. We’re keen to find someone ready to immerse themselves in the product, and excited to become part of a fun, lively and opinionated team. As the sole UX/UI resource dedicated to one department, you’ll influence every part of the design process for Reed Courses, while ensuring that the brand guidelines for the Reed group are adhered to.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience working on the UX aspect of the design process
- Experience designing across multiple platforms, while incorporating a strong mobile-first philosophy
- Excellent visual design skills & confidence taking on some UI aspects of the design process, in line with the principles set out by our main design team
- Confidence in gathering user/stakeholder requirements
- Experience conducting user testing/engaging directly with clients when necessary
- Clear communication skills, whether it’s presenting to a group, sending a message on JIRA or collaborating with designers on the main reed.co.uk design team
- Knowledge of Agile processes
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to continuous high standard
Ideally you’ll have:
- The drive and passion to work at a fast pace: here, work moves fast and priorities change quickly
- The ability to thrive in a “start up” environment: you must be willing to work within the means of a smaller business, engaged in the product journey from start to finish, awareness of business logic and the practical aspects of working in a smaller team
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team: able to take the lead or follow in a group situation, present ideas during the design process, and receive feedback from stakeholders in a constructive manner
- A strong desire to master a complex product
- Drive and curiosity to understand the needs of two very different user groups: course providers, and students
Highly desirable but not essential:
- Design and prototyping tools, including but not limited to Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Axure, Invision
- eCommerce experience
- Experience of Mobile and Responsive design is preferable
- Experience and knowledge of Accessibility Design Standards is also expected
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.