- Office Location: England
- Office Name: Graduate Placement Year
- Salary: £20000 - £20000
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 504009
Undergraduate Placement Scheme
The Reed Undergraduate Placement Scheme has been designed to give second-year students invaluable office-based work experience through a one-year placement at our industry-leading company.
The Placement Scheme runs alongside the award-winning Reed Graduate Scheme which has been running for over 25 years and has a track record of producing highly skilled, senior professionals – such as Pierre Vangrevelynghe (Managing Director, Reed Learning). Despite being in its fourth year, the Placement Scheme has already generated some top performers who have progressed to managing their own team within 4 years.
Your Placement Year
You’ll join our scheme as a Resourcer and you’ll be responsible for sourcing high calibre candidates to fill current and potential new vacancies from clients. In return for your hard work, you will receive a bonus for each candidate that you source that is successfully placed. You will also receive industry-leading training at our Business School in the heart of the Cotswolds, listed as one of the most beautiful places to study in the world.
Whilst your qualifications and prior experience will of course influence potential managers, performance in your roles at Reed and your ability to impress internal stakeholders hold more power. For example we have had a student studying History & Politics who was recruiting in our Scientific sector, and another studying for a Retail Management Bachelor’s in our Marketing division.
Benefits of being on the Reed Undergraduate Placement Scheme
- A competitive base salary of £20,000 (£24,000 in Central London)
- Uncapped bonus structure for successfully placed candidates
- A structured induction the Reed Business School in the Cotswolds
- Support and mentoring advice from both senior management and graduates
- Provisional graduate job offer
All applicants must:
- At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK (NB. we cannot offer Visa Sponsorship)
- Be studying full-time at a UK-based university
- Be geographically flexible as this allows us to offer you the widest range of opportunities
- Be target-driven, resilient, ambitious and possess excellent communication skills
Reed’s Commitment to Society
In addition to providing invaluable services to jobseekers and clients, and helping the social mobility of the UK workforce, Reed redirects 18% of its profits into the Reed Foundation which has been allocating charitable funds for almost 30 years. These funds have helped develop Reed’s own charities such as Ethiopiaid and WomanKind. Additionally, The Big Give helps raise millions of pounds each year for charitable causes through its match-funding technology.
The start date for the Undergraduate Placement Scheme falls at the beginning of July and lasts a full 12 months. Apply now to start your journey with Reed!