- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £40000 - £55000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 449549
UI / Digital Designer
Job Title: Digital / UI Designer
Reporting to: Head of Design
Location: Dragon Court, Holborn, London
Here at Reed.co.uk we believe the world should Love Mondays. This means connecting people with the right jobs and courses for them. Finding the right job can be life changing and we’re looking for great people to help deliver these life-changing products.
The Reed.co.uk Design Team is a group of talented, enthusiastic and motivated designers and researchers. User Centred Design is at the heart of everything we do, collaborating across the business to move Reed products to the next level.
We are looking for a creative and well-rounded design professional, able to connect the dots between business needs, innovation and good design… is that you?
The Digital / UI Designer will work closely with both Marketing and Design teams, delivering a wide range of creative assets, components, templates and more. The role will suit a designer with a strong creative background, who is able to understand and work within the Reed.co.uk Design System, and the UX Principles and processes.
Responsibilities / What you’ll do
- Output – Own the delivery of UI and Creative solutions across Reed.co.uk’s Marketing functions – from early exploration, through to pixel perfect designs, ready for delivery.
- Product development – Support the other Product Designers, and work within the agreed design processes for new and existing products on multiple platforms
- UI Patterns – Help translate briefs/requirements and brand guidelines into compelling, re-usable designs.
- Design System – Contribute to, and help maintain, the Reed.co.uk Design System, and champion its evolution and use throughout the Reed business
- Building knowledge across the team – Help drive the understanding and importance of UX and good design across the organisation.
Requirements / Your Skills
- Demonstrated experience in the field – 2+ years of hands on experience designing Creative Assets / UI for multiple outputs including creative / marketing, responsive web, mobile app and other connected devices.
- UI Expertise – Excellent typography, iconography, colour and layout skills.
- Wider Design Skills – Understanding of UX best practice, UX Research and Interaction/Motion design
- Tools – Expert proficiency with Figma / Sketch, Adobe CS or other relevant tools.
- Technical understanding – Familiarity with development software and development processes.
- Time-management – Must be self-motivated to manage workload with competing priorities, always meeting agreed deadlines.
- Attention to detail – Driven to create accurate, consistent, on-brand designs – every time.
- Team player– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships within the Design Team, and across the business.
- Self-starter and problem solver – Ability to fill in the gaps, and push past blockers, to always deliver great designs
- Design Passion – Strong interest in the latest design, UI/UX and technology trends, with a drive to be a trend setter within your field of expertise.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Flexible holiday scheme to buy, sell and carry over holiday
A personal development fund and 10% personal development time
Financial benefits including pension scheme and a health cash plan
Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
Regular hackdays with rewards for prize winners
A digital design portfolio is required for consideration. When showcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project.
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.