- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £30000 - £35000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 488082
Reed is looking for a Tax Accountant to join our team in Raynes Park, London.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
What is this role?
Reed Specialist Recruitment is looking for a Tax Specialist to join its established Tax Team. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the tax compliance, financial dynamics and business strategy of the entire Reed group and to have an impact on these different business areas.
Among other companies the Reed Group includes Reed Specialist Recruitment, Reed Online and Reed in Partnership, and the Tax Specialist will gain exposure to both financial and commercial issues to help develop expertise in these areas.
Your role will involve the preparation, review and filing of tax returns for the whole Reed Group. You will also be researching technical tax issues, analysing financial data and accounting records and report/policy writing to facilitate compliance with guidelines set out by HMRC. You will be liaising with a variety of people both internally and externally to provide tax advice on proposed and continuing activities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who holds an ACA, CTA or ACCA qualification or a relevant tax qualification. You will also have experience of working either in tax practice or providing in house tax advice to industry. Experience of UK (and ideally international) accounting regimes is also required. You will need to be IT literate and ideally have experience of Alphatax and Alphatag. Technical knowledge such as tax legislation/guidance, tax systems and processes is also important.
We are looking for someone who is pro-active in nature, an enthusiastic team player, who is also able to work independently, using their own initiative to undertake independent research into technical tax issues. You will be a confident communicator who can effectively build relationships with the wider REED group to collate relevant information and deal with queries in an effective and professional manner. Excellent written communication skills are also essential as this role will involve documentation of findings and report/policy writing.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets and offer a guaranteed interview for applicants who meet the minimum criteria.