- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £80000 - £95000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 509986
Software Development Manager
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for technical leadership and line management responsibility for Reed’s in house development team. The team consists of c.30 Java Developers, UX and back-end leads.
You’ll be responsible for shaping the direction of the team, creating technical standards and maintaining best practice. Working closely with Engineers, Product Managers and Scrum Masters, to ensure solutions are delivered on time and successfully, with a keen focus on quality, process and best practices.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
Our ideal person is someone who will be responsible for, and have a hands-on approach to, application design/architecture.
As a natural team player you will work with the Engineering Team and the wider Technical Architects and Ops teams, to propose technical solutions, and then deliver upon those agreed principles, patterns, and practices.
With strong management skills, you will also be responsible for holding regular themed performance reviews, managing individuals, coaching team leaders, and developing talent within your team.
Other key responsibilities include…
- Manage the development of our core proprietary systems including X3 (recruitment CRM), XMS (Vendor Management System), CX3 (Screening system) and Integration Hub (API gateway).
- Liaise with Technical Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts and other stakeholders, to understand the scope of work, interdependencies and maintain a balance between building high-impact projects and shipping solutions quickly
- Coach our Engineering Team Leaders and create career paths, through performance feedback, goals, and mentoring and find opportunities for individual development, and continually extend the capabilities of the wider team
- Propose and validate application design decisions and principles ensuring best fit, robustness, and best practice
- Driving continuous improvement into our processes, results and evaluating technical success metrics
- Working closely with the recruiting team to recruit, motivate, and retain the best talent possible, hiring high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds which supports a sustainable, collaborative engineering culture that is both encouraging and challenging
- Head of Technical Architecture
- Technical Architects
- Scrum Master
- Product Team
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.