- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £80000 - £90000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 481530
Software Development Manager
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Software Development Manager to join their established team based in Holborn, Central London.
Here at Reed.co.uk, we are on a mission to connect people to a world of career opportunities online. We do this by showing the relevant jobs or candidates to customers that best match their criteria.
Founded in 1995, we are the first recruitment website offered by a recruitment agency in the UK. Each month, more than 11 million people turn to Reed.co.uk in their search for work, making almost 100,000 applications every day.*
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead and grow our Mobile team who are a cornerstone in enabling Reed Online strategy. The team builds native iOS and Android apps working in Swift, Kotlin, NodeJS and other cutting edge technologies. You will be joining the team at an exciting time as the team takes on an ambitious roadmap for improving the experience for its users using ML, AI and UX best practices.
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products
- Liaise with Product Managers, Technical Architects, Data Scientists & other stakeholders to understand the scope of work, interdependencies and maintain a balance between building high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Work within an agile team, identifying areas of improvements and making sure processes are adhered to and deliverables achieved within agreed timelines.
- Problem solving and decision making – sound judgement at a senior management level using assertiveness and influencing skills to demonstrate business benefits and to ensure the decision is fully understood and accepted
- Create plans for prioritising technical and resourcing challenges in the organisation
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Mentor and coach the professional and technical development within the team helping them develop their careers. Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of team members
- Help develop and maintain a sustainable, healthy engineering culture and environment which is both encouraging and challenging
- Exemplar leader with good focus on industry standards and continuously keeping up with the latest technological advances
- A technical background with proven experience leading & motivating teams
- Proven experience in native iOS and Android development
- Demonstrable knowledge of testing strategies (TDD) and cross platform verification
- Good understanding and exposure to cloud infrastructure (AWS) & event driven micro services architecture
Few perks of working with us
- Flexible working as standard (including remote working options and flexible working hours)
- 10% weekly personal development time
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners
- Flexible holiday scheme (buy, sell and carry over your holiday)
- Paid time off to move home
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.