- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £60000 - £80000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 460333
Senior User Researcher
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join their expanding design team based in Holborn, Central London.
Here at Reed.co.uk we believe the world should Love Mondays. This means connecting people with the right jobs and courses for them. Finding the right job can be life changing and we’re looking for great people to help deliver these life-changing products.
The Reed.co.uk Design Team is a group of talented, enthusiastic and motivated designers and researchers. User Centred Design is at the heart of everything we do, collaborating across the business to move Reed products to the next level.
We are looking for a creative, well-rounded and passionate research professional, to own the User Research process, and collaborate with Designers, Product Teams, internal and external partners, to deliver the insights and data to place Reed digital experiences ahead of the market.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the Senior User Researcher will be responsible for all aspects of user research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting), using a variety of user testing methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, to reveal actionable customer insights. This role will support Reed’s agile product teams, enabling their regular research activities, and will personally own large-scale research studies, vital to executing Reed.co.uk’s business strategy.
- Leadership – As a Senior member of the Design Team, champion a user-centric product development process and a culture of research and design excellence with Reed.co.uk.
- User Research – Planning, designing and conducting usability testing, including recruitment, moderation, analysis and reporting, as required, to ensure constant improvement and best-in-class outcomes.
- Product Research – Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early-stage concept and prototype testing, and other approaches to ensuring user needs are fully understood).
- Strategic input – owning and delivering the large-scale Research Studies required to execute Reed.co.uk’s business strategy
- Analysis – Derive UX insights from qualitative and quantitative/analytic data
- Results – Modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizational understanding of our users – such as experience maps, actionable reports, and in time, a repository for UX Research results
- Working across teams – Working with managers, product owners, designers and senior leadership as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights.
- Working with Design – Supporting designers and their product teams to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- Sharing knowledge – Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision-makers.
- Document progress – Create and document design and research principles and guidelines for Reed digital ecosystem.
- Best Practice – Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice across the organisation.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the field – 5+ years of hands-on experience as a dedicated User Researcher.
- Moderation – Strong experience of conducting user interviews.
- Analysis – Strong experience analysing both quantitative and qualitative data and work with Product designers to produce artefacts to communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Planning – Previous experience of managing, planning, designing user research testing, with a range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- People – A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients.
- Adaptability – Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage workloads in evolving environments.
- Technical understanding – Familiarity with development software and development processes.
- Taking people with you – Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating UX Research rationale, through engaging story-telling and presentation skills.
- Time-management – Must be self-motivated to prioritise and manage workload and meet critical roadmap milestones and deadlines, as well as manage others when required.
- Team work and Problem Solving – Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships across the business, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Commercial awareness – Appreciation and understanding of the commercial landscape and ecommerce trends and always aware of the balance between user and business requirements.
- Stakeholder management – Comfortable managing expectations, challenging and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Self-starter – Ability to fill in the gaps, and push past blockers, to always deliver great outcomes.
- UX Research Passion – Strong interest in the latest research, UX and technology trends, with a drive to always advance the team.
- Flexible working as standard (including remote working options and flexible working hours)
- 10% weekly personal development time
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme (buy, sell and carry over your holiday)
- Paid time off to move home
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
- These are just some of the great benefits we offer everyone working at Reed.co.uk!
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.