- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Sector: Software Engineering & Development
- Salary: £65000 - £75000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 433872
Senior Software Development Engineer
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Senior ElasticSearch Developer to join their expanding team based in Holborn, Central London.
We are looking for an experienced Elasticsearch Developer to join our team to help us solve our relevancy issues. Currently we are trying to tune our search algorithm to show more relevant jobs to jobseekers.
Within the next year we’ll be integrating with data science models, upgrading our stack, and tuning relevance. This is an exciting time to join the team
As a Senior Developer, you will:
- Be responsible for suggesting improvements to the algorithm, verifying algorithm changes in our sandbox (utilising Quepid and Rated Ranking Evaluator tools), setting up AB Tests to verify jobseekers actually benefit from the change, and productionising the feature.
- Be involved in the full development lifecycle from inception through implementation, continuous enhancement and eventually decommissioning, when required
- Improve the software development process, methodologies and tools through applied experience, automation and simplification – deliver better software, faster and cheaper.
- Improve and maintain our codebase enabling continuous evolution and innovation through discovery of pain points, research into solutions, implementation of proof of concepts and ensuring the adoption of these
- Work with the wider development community to share best practices and knowledge.
- Work alongside our data science, architect and product teams
- Write and build valuable documentation and acting as an exemplar of best practice
Capabilities and Competencies
- Driving continuous improvement in your work and peers
- Enjoys trying and working with new technology
- Driven to learn and self-improve
- Enjoys problem solving and automating responses for recurrent issues
- Has an Agile approach to software delivery
- Enjoys working as part of a successful team
- Excellent communication skills
Skills and Experience
- Strong elasticsearch and relevancy tuning experience
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Unit Testing (TDD etc)
- Follows clean code principles and best practices eg SOLID
- Elasticsearch certification
- Experience integrating with data science models
- Relevancy evaluation tools: Quepid, and Rated Ranking Evaluator (RRE)
- Secure coding practices
- Azure Devops
- Experience of working with and deploying to cloud infrastructure
- Testing frameworks: Cypress, nunit, xunit
What we can offer you
- Flexible working as standard (including remote working options and flexible working hours)
- 10% weekly personal development time
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme (buy, sell and carry over your holiday)
- Paid time off to move home
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
- These are just some of the great benefits we offer everyone working at Reed.co.uk!
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.