- Office Location: 50 Farringdon Road, London EC1M 3HE
- Office Name: Reed Online
- Sector: Product (Tech)
- Salary: £60000 - £70000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 452379
Senior Product Designer
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their expanding team based in Holborn, Central London.
Here at Reed.co.uk we believe the world should Love Mondays. This means connecting people with the right jobs and courses for them. Finding the right job can be life changing and we’re looking for great people to help deliver these life-changing products.
The Reed.co.uk Design Team is a group of talented, enthusiastic and motivated designers and researchers. User Centred Design is at the heart of everything we do, collaborating across the business to move Reed products to the next level.
We are looking for a creative and well-rounded design professional, with a strong UX background, able to connect the dots between business needs, innovation and good design. As a Senior Product Designer in the Reed.co.uk Design team, you will report into the Head of Design and work with creative leadership and key partners to deliver our products and services through our multi-device experiences.
This role will work closely with Product, Development and Marketing teams to deliver product experiences that will place Reed digital experiences ahead of the market. You will lead and mentor more junior team members to help them grow and develop their abilities within the Product Design discipline.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the field – 5+ years of hands on experience with a range of UI/UX and interactive work and the accompanying portfolio of digital experiences.
- UI Expertise – Excellent typography, iconography, colour and layout skills.
- UX Understanding – Experience of a range of User Experience specialisms, including user research, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, user testing.
- Tools – Expert proficiency with Figma / Sketch, Adobe CS or other relevant tools.
- Technical understanding – Familiarity with development software and development processes.
- Stakeholder management – Comfortable managing expectations, challenging and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Taking people with you – Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating design rationale, using engaging storytelling to ultimately sell the vision.
- Time-management – Must be self-motivated to prioritise and manage workload and meet critical roadmap milestones and deadlines, as well as manage others when required.
- Commercial awareness – Appreciation and understanding of the commercial landscape and ecommerce trends and always aware of the balance between user and business requirements.
- Team Player – Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships across the business, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and problem solver – Ability to fill in the gaps, and push past blockers, to always deliver great designs
- Design Passion – Strong interest in the latest design, UX and technology trends, with a drive to be a trendsetter within your field of expertise.
- Flexible working as standard (including remote working options 3 days week and flexible working hours)
- 10% weekly personal development time
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme (buy, sell and carry over your holiday)
- Paid time off to move home
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
- These are just some of the great benefits we offer everyone working at Reed.co.uk!
A digital design portfolio is required for consideration. When showcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project.
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.