- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Sector: Software Engineering
- Salary: £70000 - £85000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 446509
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
reed.co.uk are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their expanding team based in Holborn, Central London (3 days a week from home).
An established recruitment company increasing its technology capability and embarking on some cutting edge digital transformations is looking for a senior DevOps automation specialist to be part of a newly created DevOps function. It is an excellent opportunity to be part of a greenfield digital transformation project and to influence key decisions from the onset.
The Senior Devops Automation Engineer will have a software development background with the ability to code and create software. They will work with a team of engineers and help to set a vision & strategy. This Senior DevOps engineer will be an excellent problem solver using automation for innovative solutions to DevOps problems. A 100% hands on engineer who will deliver end to end solutions. Ideally a mid level software developer who had progressed into a Devops role with a good understanding of cloud technologies.
The devops team will be responsible for working with our delivery teams to deliver customer value, balancing speed, cost, quality and risk.
What success will look like in 1 year
- Robust and high quality devops practice
- Improved and new automated CI/CD
- A self service infrastructure provisioning, delivery pipelines, log and monitoring services.
- Improvements made to our cloud platform, increasing delivery speed and product flexibility
How will you spend your days?
- Create, release and test infrastructure provisioning in a continuous delivery pattern using terraform
- Create and maintain release pipelines
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues relating to infrastructure
- Implement a high level of security auditing and monitoring
- Automate various aspects of software delivery using code ( Python, shell scripting etc..)
- Taking part in discussions and influencing architectural decisions in topics such as event driven patterns, Microservices, SPA, 12 factor app, chaos engineering
Key Measures and Targets
- Release frequency
- Service availability
- Lead time/cycle time
- Lower cloud operational costs
- Level of automation in operations and deployment
Capabilities and Competencies Behaviours/Experience
- Loves to work with new technology
- Shows a desire to learn and self-improve
- Enjoys egoless collaborative problem solving
- Has an Agile approach to software delivery
- Loves to convert everything as code (infrastructure, pipelines. config etc..)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Has a neutral perspective and be able to pivot as per business needs and strategy changes
- Should be able to build software for solving operational problems
- Configuration management
- Ideally some experience or good understanding of concepts like Kubernetes, containerised workloads, serverless, service mesh, REST APIs, & a variety of databases
- .net core, nodejs, python
- Azure DevOps, Teamcity,
- Terraform with Ansible
- 80% AWS , 10% GCP, 10% Azure
- ELK, Datadog, Prometheus, Istio
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.