- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Sector: Central Support
- Salary: £60000 - £75000
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 452825
Senior Communications Manager
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis (ideal start date November), based in Holborn, Central London.
Reed.co.uk is one the UK’s leading jobs and careers sites, connecting people to a world of career opportunities online. As well as advertising hundreds of thousands of jobs, Reed.co.uk also offers a variety of courses and career advice to help people looking to take that next step in their career.
We’re always on the lookout for people who want to make a difference and are passionate about helping others progress their careers.
About the role
We’re looking for a seasoned Communications professional to lead Reed.co.uk’s growing Communications function on a fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave (12 month contract, ideal start date November 2021).
This varied role will see you setting the direction, implementing and delivering integrated communications to our external (B2C and B2B) and internal audiences. While managing a team of B2B and B2C Communications colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, storyteller and subject matter expert who can expand our online audiences and deepen Reed.co.uk’s relationships with both users and customers.
We’re after someone who can pick up our Communications strategy and hit the ground running. They will bring great planning skills and a strategic approach to a wide range of proactive and reactive projects; balancing competing demands from stakeholders and partners. They will be patient and tenacious, with an eye for detail and comfortable using data and analytics to shape existing and future strategies.
The ideal candidate will have…
- Experience in leading the strategy, creation and delivery of communications at a senior level in an in-house and/or agency environment, across both B2C and B2B audiences
- Demonstrable experience of owning and executing sophisticated messaging strategies, through content, PR, events, CRM and online community management (including social media)
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills; able to build cross-functional relationships at all levels
- Ability to manage expectations of senior management by regularly reporting and presenting on all communication-based initiatives in digestible formats together with informed recommendations
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new initiatives and improve existing programs
- Demonstrable experience in owning content, tone-of-voice, design and brand identity; being responsible for quality control
- An analytical eye for detail; able to interpret raw data and create content and insights accordingly. As well as the ability to use internal performance data or research to inform future communication strategy and optimisation
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management and project management
- Determination and perseverance; ability to think creatively when faced with a barrier
- Experience in line management of individuals up to manager-level
Nice to haves…
- Prior experience in marketing/communications at an online recruitment business
- Customer/client management experience in an in-house and/or agency environment
- Experience of brand management and owning the brand experience
- Understanding of SEO and the role it plays in communications
- Experience of internal communications
- Experience of crisis and issues management
- Flexible working as standard (including remote working options and flexible working hours)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme (buy, sell and carry over your holiday)
- Paid time off to move home
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
- These are just some of the great benefits we offer everyone working at Reed.co.uk!
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.