- Office Location: Copenhagen House, 5-10 Bury Street, London EC3A 5AT
- Office Name: C+ Tech Practice
- Salary: £55000 - £75000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 529567
Senior Business Development Manager
Overview of Consultancy+
At Consultancy+ we specialise in delivering outcome-based projects and solutions. Our unique offering combines niche expertise with the backing of one of the UK’s most well-known resourcing providers – Reed. This means we can provide our clients with the strategy, expertise, and direction that they need, as well as a partner that can scale as required to take on a wide range of projects.
For our people and to each other, we are authentic, we are accountable, and we take action. We are deeply proud of the supportive and collaborative culture we embrace here at Consultancy +.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for introducing our brand and our message to new clients. Working across Consultancy+ and the wider Reed Group your role will take our message to market and be the way through which we continue to grow and innovate our services and our business. Through working with our experienced teams you will have the tools, training, and support to be able to help us continue on our growth journey. As part of our exciting growth plans, once you have embedded yourself in the business you will get the opportunity to grow out a team of your own both delivering their own sales activity as well as supporting yours.
What you’ll be doing
Our Senior Business Development Managers are responsible for generating new clients and new business for Consultancy+.
In the role you will be doing the following:
- Mapping your market and understanding which organisations would benefit from our service
- Contacting those organisations to introduce yourself and our service through phone, email and LinkedIn
- Building networking both internally and externally to carry your message and support you in developing new opportunities and new business
- Scoping new projects and services in partnership with our expert consultants and wider delivery team
- Managing solution design process to ensure our solution meets the needs of the client
- Drafting proposals and pricing for new services and projects
- Managing a transition from initial sale through to delivery
- Maintaining and growing relationships within current and new clients to ensure you remain as their go-to for our services
Who we’re looking for
Our company values competence and collaboration. We aim for excellence, and we work together to achieve it. We are looking for IT services professionals who have a track record of winning SOW/deliverable based contracts in this sector. If you have the skills and the attitude to help us grow our business and advance your career, we want to hear from you!
- Experience in business development, sales or a related role
- Track record of acquiring new clients and growing revenue
- Familiarity with business and sales strategies and best practices
- Industry knowledge and expertise in tech/IT sector
- Ability to handle full sales cycle and create Statement of Work
- Effective stakeholder management and relationship building
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- Managed service
In return, beyond your salary and reward package we offer a wide range of benefits aimed at supporting development and success as well as wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Professional development and qualification funding
- Company pension contribution
- Sabbatical breaks after 5 years service (extra 5 days holiday) and 10 years service (6 week sabbatical plus £1000 for the 10 year sabbatical)
- 50% contribution to a personal development fund
- Annual high achievers’ events with cash prizes and away days
- Quarterly Impact Award for performance embodying the company values
- Holiday exchange and purchase scheme to allow holiday allowance to suit lifestyle
- Lifestyle welfare discounts
Proud winners of:
- Employee Benefits Awards – Best Motivation or Recognition Scheme 2023
- The JobCrowd Top Companies to Work For 2023
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.