- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed Online
- Sector: Software Engineering
- Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 448503
Senior BI Developer
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer to join their established team based in Holborn, Central London.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer you will help develop new data pipelines and products, as well as maintaining the existing ones, our data warehouse, working in close collaboration with stakeholders in a fast evolving and agile environment. Although this is a mostly a back end role you will be expected to help out with Looker based tasks and get to know the product.
Work with stakeholders to deliver a roadmap geared towards a more streamlined reporting suite. Model commercial data, to provide datasets empowering analytics and data science across the business to create models, which deliver value for our customers.
Interact with engineers, product managers and analysts to understand data needs. Design, build and maintain data extraction, transformation and loading processes. Extend and architect logical data models to maintain our self service data analytics.
Maintain code quality by developing to our defined coding standards, avoid potential vulnerabilities and manage technical debt with the team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for turning data into actionable insights
- Strong SQL Skills (Programming and Data Modelling)
- Data Workflow development (ETL / ELT)
- Proven experience of designing and implementing data intelligence solutions in cloud data warehouses (Snowflake/Redshift/BigQuery).
- Commercial production experience in either python or java.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining a self service BI tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
- AWS / GCP data stack.
- Ability to stay up to date with the field.
Other desirable skills
- Experience of monitoring and improving data quality
- Experience with Airflow / DBT
- Experience with event driven / Lambda architecture.
- An expert in any BI tool (e.g. looker, tableau, qlik, microstrategy)
What we can offer you
- Dynamic Working, including core hours and location flexibility
- Personal development time
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme and moving home leave
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners
- Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
Eligibility to work in the UK
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.