- Office Location: 1 Colmore Square Birmingham, B4 6AJ
- Office Name: Birmingham Management
- Salary: £53000 - £66000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 523274
Are you a commercially minded, strategic Recruitment Manager ready for Director Level?
Based in our city-centre flagship office, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and inspiring recruitment leader with strong commercial awareness. This is a strategic role to lead multiple specialisms and teams across Birmingham, ideal for a well-networked senior manager from the recruitment industry.
This is an opportunity to join the largest family-owned recruitment business globally. Reed has grown significantly over the past 60 years, and we have ambitious growth plans to expand our teams. We believe in a high trust, high-performance, and high reward culture. We ask questions, we innovate, and we react with speed. At Reed our purpose is to improve lives through work and as a Recruitment Director for Reed Birmingham, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve this.
As Regional Director, you will have responsibility for the strategic direction and commercial success of your region. You will focus on client cross-selling and business development, staff recruitment & retention plus all other duties involved in being a successful recruitment leader.
Reporting directly into the Regional Managing Director, you will collaborate closely to establish clear goals and operational strategies for the region, ensuring they align with the overall direction from the Board.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Development of the region’s business to achieve established commercial, financial and growth targets
- Establish close working relationships with external and internal stakeholders to understand and exploit opportunities for business development
- Effectively manage direct reports to ensure they are challenged and successfully performing in accordance with company standards
- Establish a strategic and operational vision for the region while leading by example in the delivery of this
- Deputise in the absence of the Regional Managing Director when required
Required skills and attributes:
- A commercial-minded strategic leader with a proven history for managing multiple teams and multiple specialisms to success
- A networker and excellent relationship builder with a history of winning new business while maintaining and growing the client base
- Someone who will deliver results, analyse Information, create solutions, communicate clearly, influence & control and collaborate with others
- You will be resilient to challenges, have a willingness to learn and a desire to succeed
- You will demonstrate a clear commercial understanding of the business and the wider recruitment market
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Unlimited earning potential – our transparent and uncapped bonus schemes are paid every 4 weeks
- Clear and transparent career development frameworks which deliver regular promotions and salary increases
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Thrive at Reed – annual bespoke, personalised holidays, for our high achievers – make memories with the people you care most about
- R1 Formula Reed – our high achievers club, giving you access to exclusive benefits including private healthcare
- Luxury cars, holidays and more available through our periodic high achievers scheme
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- The ability to buy more holiday and gain paid sabbaticals linked to your length of service on top of the 25 days we give
- Our dedicated health and wellbeing centre and calendar – everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Reward Hub delivering you retail savings of £100s a year
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Access to life assurance which covers you to the value of 4 times your salary
- We have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- Our cycle to work scheme, supports the environment and your health
Trailblazers in our field…
- You have an annual opportunity to join our shadow board and contribute to the company strategy
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We are all about the environment being the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.