- Office Location: Second Floor, West Wing Seacourt Tower, West Way Oxford, OX2 0JJ
- Office Name: Oxford Scientific - FMCG
- Salary: £24000 - £32000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 535361
Recruitment Consultant – Temps Desk
Would you like to join one of Reed’s most successful offices in Oxford as a Recruitment Consultant working in the scientific business?
- Role: Recruitment Consultant
- Specialism – Scientific – Midlands & West Home Counties region
- Location: Oxford – (with blended home working and office working)
- Salary: £24,000 to £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience + uncapped commission)
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 37.5 per week
- Contract: Full Time Permanent
For over 60 years Reed has delivered a full range of specialist scientific staffing solutions across the UK. Our specialist scientific teams work with their clients to create bespoke recruitment strategy depending on their needs, We operate across a broad spectrum of markets within the scientific industry, and traditional roles. The scientific division of Reed has grown significantly in recent years and we are continuing to expand our teams.
You don’t have to be an experienced recruiter for this role, as the scientific business is well-established and extremely successful with many loyal clients and candidates who would be happy to work with you and the Reed name.
What is a typical day for a Recruitment Consultant in Reed Scientific?
- Sourcing suitable candidates via a number of different methods
- Managing your own workload
- Strategic business development – B2B Sales Calls
- Networking virtually and face to face
- Up-selling your candidates to your existing client base and vice versa, as well as arranging interviews/meetings between the two
- Gaining and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Supporting with administrative tasks i.e. payroll, referencing and compliance checks
- As Recruitment Consultant you will need outstanding communication skills, resilience and dedication to succeed.
- You will be juggling and prioritising multiple demands whilst delivering fast-paced service excellence;
- This involves building trusting working relationships with both your candidates and clients, which is exactly what makes Reed the recruiter of choice
- You could be an experienced recruiter looking for a change or someone wanting to start a career in recruitment – thanks to our industry-led training packages.
At Reed our purpose is to improve lives through work and as a Recruitment Consultant for Reed Oxford Scientific, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve this.
Reed is not your average recruitment business. We believe in a high trust, high-performance culture. We ask questions, we innovate, and we react with speed.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Unlimited earning potential – our transparent and uncapped bonus schemes are paid every 4 weeks
- Clear and transparent career development frameworks which deliver regular promotions and salary increases
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Thrive at Reed – annual bespoke, personalised holidays, for our high achievers – make memories with the people you care most about
- R1 Formula Reed – our high achievers club, giving you access to exclusive benefits including private healthcare
- Luxury cars, holidays and more available through our periodic high achievers scheme
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- The ability to buy more holiday and gain paid sabbaticals linked to your length of service on top of the 25 days we give
- Our dedicated health and wellbeing centre and calendar – everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Reward Hub delivering you retail savings of £100s a year
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Access to life assurance which covers you to the value of 4 times your salary
- We have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- Our cycle to work scheme, supports the environment and your health
Trailblazers in our field…
- You have an annual opportunity to join our shadow board and contribute to the company strategy
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We are all about the environment being the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.