- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £35000 - £42000
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 535230
Reed is looking for a nine-month fixed term contract Project Manager to join our experienced IT Infrastructure team. Working alongside Infrastructure and Security Analysts, you will be responsible for managing a diverse range of short-, medium- and long-term technical projects throughout the full lifecycle. From early requirement gathering and initial planning, to creating & maintaining project plans, to project sign off and throughout delivery.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors.
As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the career opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously. We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging, rewarding and satisfying career.
You will take ownership of the successful delivery of IT Infrastructure and Security projects, providing a vital role in the smooth running and improvement of the IT estate.
Key responsibilities for the IT Project Manager include the following:
- Responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of multiple projects and small change requests.
- Ensuring that realistic project, quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained and that change control procedures are followed.
- Monitoring and controlling resources and costs against the project budget, managing expectations of internal IT and external company stakeholders.
- Using recommended project control solutions for planning scheduling and tracking of projects. Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports.
- To plan, direct and coordinate activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from initiation to final operational stage.
- Identifies and manages resources necessary for all stages (planning, estimation, execution) of individual projects to ensure that technical, financial and quality targets are met.
Who would suit the Project Manager role?
We are ideally looking for someone with project management experience within an IT environment. Technical experience is preferred. You will also need to have the ability to manage a fast-evolving portfolio of changes across multiple technology applications and solutions.
Other important key skills you will need include excellent communication, excellent stakeholder management, good attention to detail, organised and strong analytical thinking and problem- solving ability.
Ideally someone with experience within both waterfall and agile project methodologies is important, but you will need to have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.