- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £30000 - £35000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 492613
The Digital Workplace team brings business and technology together across the Reed Group, utilising modern business change methodology and best practice to drive adoption of new tools and processes, nurturing a culture of collaboration, self-service and continual improvement.
The Project Manager will control the Digital Workplace portfolio of projects having an overview of all work being undertaken across the team, building knowledge of all projects, their statuses, critical milestones and deadlines. They will support the technical, service and engagement teams in structuring workload, capacity and delivery.
A key upcoming project for the Digital Workplace team is a company-wide device refresh, moving to more powerful and premium devices, that will deliver a hugely positive impact to our business.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to spearhead a highly impactive and visible project, bringing together technical resources, business stakeholders and third parties to benefit our co-members.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
Reed’s Digital Workplace is built around an evergreen service model driven by continuous improvement. The Digital Workplace is not just about modernising technology, it’s about driving behavioural change that will enable co-members to adopt new tools and embrace smarter ways of working. The Digital Workplace team aims to drive measurable performance increase across our Business.
The primary focus of the Project Manager is to provide: –
- Collaboration with other department leaders to control, define, prioritize, and develop projects.
- Planning, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Overseeing the development of the project and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company’s standards.
- Drafting new and improving existing project management office policies and processes.
- Continuously evaluating projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Accurately documenting the project’s creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project’s scope, budget and justification.
- Regularly maintaining a risk and issues log with the project teams.
- Maintaining a holistic overview of the Digital Workplace project portfolio, status updates, backlog and roadmap of upcoming work.
- Commencing Business projects in conjunction with the team, to effectively start the process, ensure documentation is completed and the project is effectively communicated across the team.
- Implementing a strict project approach across the team to standardise project milestones, aiding reporting and owning templated documentation such as the risk and issue log and project start and closure reports to ensure they are easy to use and effective – providing value to reporting, rather than undue bureaucracy.
- Utilising project methodology (PRINCE2 preferred) to identify key milestones, creating, updating project plans and monitoring these through delivery to completion.
- Sharing, training and embedding project management best practice and methodology – due to the nature of the work this could be a mixture of Waterfall and Agile projects therefore PRINCE2 and Agile knowledge and/or qualifications are preferred.
- Support accountability within the team when setting deadlines to ensure delivery is completed on time and to the required scope, so that benefits to the Business are realised.
- Help enhance our processes and internal knowledge sharing by spotting bottlenecks and identifying areas for improvement.
- Using tools such as MS Project, Power BI and Planner to track projects and provide reporting at a high level to ensure complete transparency.
- Planning and organising meetings with co-members in the Business to support the scoping and solution design process, assisting our technical team with the structuring of discussions and ideas.
Skills and Experience
- Strong organisation skills – this role will include monitoring and updating the status of multiple projects at any one time across the business.
- An ability to build relationships quickly – the nature of the role involves speaking to a variety of people at a variety of levels daily.
- Naturally takes ownership of projects and takes initiative in managing the workload.
- Confident communicator at all levels.
- PRINCE 2 qualification with knowledge of Agile mythologies.
- A minimum of three years’ experience within the Project Management field.
- End to end project life cycle experience.
- Strong Written and Presentation Skills
- An ability to prioritise according to project deadlines, stakeholder involvement, future plans and working within a continually evolving technical platform
- An interest in Business reporting – finding creative and engaging ways to display information to a variety of audiences according to their investment/level of interest.
- There are three Engagement Consultants in the immediate team who you will be working closely with.
- The wider team includes the Service Desk, a Technical Cloud team and a Service Management team who are all working together as one Digital Workplace team.
- Due to the nature of the role we are frequently working with multiple areas of the Reed Group at all levels.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.