- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - California
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 454119
Reed is looking for a Product Owner to join their expanding team based in Raynes Park, South West London.
Reed Screening is the UK’s No.1 trusted brand for screening services and continues to expand its footprint. To continue this growth and take the business beyond their current horizons, Reed Screening is investing in their core technology platform.
Historically, Reed Screening have relied on 3rd party technology to drive the operations, but this has become a constraint to growth, stifling innovation, and opportunity to create more effective operations. Given lack of compelling alternatives, Reed Screening are looking to invest in development of technologies based off Reed’s core recruitment platform (X3).
As such, the Product Owner (Screening) will be a core member of the X3 Product Team, having exclusive responsibility for driving the new X3 based Screening Product.
Working cross functionally with the business and IT, the Product Owner (Screening) will represent the customer to the development team, will define iterations (e.g. Epics, features, user stories etc), prioritise the product backlog, lead agile development teams and coordinate testing and release management functions. Additionally, the Product Owner (Screening) will need to collaborate with 3rd parties on integration initiatives.
- Works with the Product Manager to contribute to the product vision and roadmap, breaking it into goals themes and initiatives
- Creates an actionable product backlog (in Aha!), defines iterations and stories (in JIRA/Confluence) and creates design mock-ups/wireframes as required
- Ensure the feasibility of the product with respect to business objectives
- Promotes re-use over re-invention, ensuring business benefit is maximised
- Maintains alignment with RSR IT strategy, managing conflict & divergence where needed and maps out realistic project dependencies and constraints
- Come up with backlog items that align with larger business objectives
- Nurtures a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Coordinates effectively with 3rd parties where integrations are required
- Collaborates with Reed Screening management to review technology business cases for new investments
- Attends Reed Screening management meetings, vendor presentations and service review meetings as required
- Provides guidance and ensures compliance with IT processes and procedures such as Service Requests
- Leads the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new
- Documents story details based on the epics after reviewing with development
- Represents technology in governance meetings
- Helps ensure Reed Screening remain secure & compliant in line with standards set by RSR IT, helping to refine & evolve where needed
- Refines the backlog to decompose and manage effective estimation of stories
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Implements the most efficient sequence of development
- Attends scrum meetings including stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos – but makes themselves available to answer questions from developers and clarifies requirements
- Provides an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Keeps abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Ensures the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Motivates the team with a clear, elevating goal
- Shows commitment by doing whatever is necessary to build the best product possible: by being available, articulate business needs
- Documents the new feature for implementations and release notes
- Supports the Product Manager with a range of client engagement activities including demonstrations of the latest iterations to customers (pre-release) and gathers feedback
- Coordinates acceptance testing across the business and clients to ensure new features are fit for purpose and work with QA to ensure the product has been regression tested prior to release to live environment
- Ensures appropriate change management activities are followed e.g. scheduling releases within CAB
- Documents the new feature for implementations and release notes
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 2 year(s) or demonstrable relevant experience in a related role within agile teams
- Ability to drive product development and optimisation
- Expert-level user of software development management and backlog tools like JIRA, Confluence, Aha!
- Expert-level user of process modelling software like Visio, LucidChart
- Intermediary-level user of Wireframing and Prototyping tools like Figma, Balsamiq
- Experience of 3rd party integrations
- Value focussed, with an understanding of business dynamics
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- An all-consuming empathy for the customer
- Highly analytical and can use data to understand key business drivers and to underpin strategic and tactical decision making
- Demonstrable leadership skills and gravitas to drive product success and command respect across teams
- Encourages innovative thinking and collaborative team working across stakeholders to passionately drive activities that enable the achievement of a brilliant customer experience
- Creative, enthusiastic, and solution-motivated
- Critical thinker with a vision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to and chairing groups
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Persistent in the pursuit of good service to clients, candidates and comembers
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.