- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £35000 - £40000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 488662
Reed Courses is looking for a Product Manager to join their expanding team in Holborn, London.
About Reed Courses
Reed Courses is the UK’s largest E-learning marketplace, and sister company to Reed.co.uk; one of Britain’s most established digital brands. Our E-commerce marketplace works with hundreds of respected learning providers and instructors, to help advertise over 80,000 courses in a wide range of subjects; from accounting and HR right through to fitness and cooking. We offer courses for both consumers and businesses – helping individuals learn something new and develop their careers, whilst also allowing employers to upskill their staff and create a more knowledgeable workforce. Our mission is to help everyone achieve their goals through learning.
We’re looking for a self starting, ambitious Product Manager seeking accelerated career development within a highly collaborative, tightly knit cross functional team. Reporting to the Senior Product Manager and working closely with another Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the continued development of a high performing ecommerce/marketplace product, delivering key strategic initiatives and taking a leading role in the development and delivery of our product strategy.
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer – both B2B (course provider) and B2C (course seeker) – through the gathering & analysis of customer feedback
- Championing the needs of both customer sets, in line with the product strategy for the business
- Full understanding of our competitors’ offerings within a complex product landscape
- Working closely with the other Courses product managers, as well as the Courses development team, Courses UX/UI designer and Courses product analysts
- Managing stakeholders of different levels of seniority from multiple different functional areas of the business
- Use of data to inform decision making, as well as monitoring key KPIs to ensure continued health of the business
- Own the roadmap and backlog, ensuring the delivery team is focused on the highest priorities and delivering on schedule
- Influence the development of the product & business strategies through idea generation and the identification of future opportunities
- Strong customer empathy with the ability to fully understand the needs of the user
- Highly analytical, with the ability to use data to understand key business drivers and how they underpin strategic and tactical decision making
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to think critically and creatively to overcome obstacles and get things done
- Innovative & full of ideas for new opportunities
- Commercial awareness within a complex product with multiple business models
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with an ability to document processes
- Effective relationship building skills with a desire to be part of a team with a strong identity
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with a complex product
- Desire to take ownership, develop leadership skills and ultimately represent your area of the product to the wider Reed business
- Experience with an ecommerce or marketplace product
- Fluency with GA and/or Looker
- Experience with AB testing planning & delivery, including familiarity with Google Optimise
- Experience managing senior stakeholders
- Experience with a dedicated, co-located development team
- Experience working with other product managers, on the same product
- The ability to wear multiple hats and take on additional responsibilities within a small team
What we can offer you
- Flexible working, including core hours and location flexibility.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Flexible holiday scheme with the option to buy, sell or carry over up to 5 days a year.
- Moving home leave.
- 10% of your time dedicated to personal development.
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription .
- Enhanced family leave policies.
- Insurance benefits including life assurance.
- Love Mondays events.
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers.
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues.
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.