- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £36000 - £40000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 495557
Job Title: Product AnalystReporting to: Senior Product Manager – Reed CoursesDirect Reports: Yes – Junior Product AnalystLocation: Dragon Court, London […]
Job Title: Product Analyst
Reporting to: Senior Product Manager – Reed Courses
Direct Reports: Yes – Junior Product Analyst
Location: Dragon Court, London (approx. 1-2 days a week)
Salary range: £36,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience)
About Reed Courses
Reed Courses is a sister company to Reed.co.uk; one of Britain’s most established digital brands. Our mission is to help everyone achieve their goals through learning. We work with hundreds of respected learning providers to advertise over 80,000 courses in a wide range of subjects; from accounting and HR right through to fitness and cooking. We offer courses for both consumers and businesses – helping individuals learn something new and develop their career, whilst also allowing employers to upskill their staff and create a more knowledgeable workforce.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, career focused Product Analyst seeking a fast paced and varied environment in which to learn and grow from a range of senior stakeholders, including the Courses Director.
This role would suit someone with aspirations to lead their own team in the future, and a desire to develop & strengthen their mentoring and managerial skills – one of your first tasks will be to hire & train a Junior Analyst, with a view of mentoring them to achieve to their full potential over the long term.
As for your own development – you’ll be joining a highly collaborative, tightly knit cross functional team. Though you’ll be reporting into the Courses Senior Product Manager, you’ll have plenty of exposure to different departments and stakeholders across sales, marketing, design and technology. You’ll have opportunities to advice leadership on how to leverage data to make better business decisions, make recommendations on what tools to use in the future, and collaborate with the Analytics teams in our sister companies.
No two days will be the same – depending on the needs of the business you could be supporting Product by presenting your analysis on an AB test, supporting Marketing & CRM by analysing the performance of a new email campaign, or supporting Sales by pulling data to support a key client sold product renewal. You’ll use tools such as Google Analytics, Google Optimise and Looker.
Your work will help to monitor each department against strategic goals and results, as well as playing a key part in contributing to overall, long term strategy for the business as a whole.
- Weekly reporting on the performance of the Courses site, interrogating digital customer behaviour to understand how customers are interacting with the Courses site.
- Analyse and report on the performance of key client and Reed Courses marketing and CRM activity.
- Monitor and report on key metrics, analysing and interpreting trends to make recommendations which will inform product, marketing and strategic plans.
- Work with the Product Managers, Marketing Manager, and CRM and Retention Manager to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities, as well as define metrics, goals and forecasts for new Courses projects, and monitor against these.
- Development of data visualisation and KPI dashboards that reflect best ways to simplify data to various audiences .
- Monitor and report on the performance of A/B and MVT testing site-wide.
- Implementation and knowledge of tagging tools such as Google Analytics.
- Highly analytical with strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to solve problems and overcome challenges with little to no supervision.
- Strong background with Google Analytics and experience using it to interrogate real data.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to document processes and
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to break down complex issues into easily digestible points.
- Experience presenting your data & research back to stakeholders and answering questions.
- Excellent collaboration & teamwork skills – you learn from the people around you.
- Confidence to lead projects and manage timelines
- Experience with Looker, BigQuery or similar platforms.
- Experience working with an ecommerce or marketplace product.
- Ability to assimilate vast amounts of data into cohesive patterns and simple, communicable concepts.
- Experience with customer research, such as creating surveys or digital user testing.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction, adapting to the needs of stakeholders and taking on feedback.
- SQL knowledge including competency to write SQL queries with joins, and a desire to develop this skillset further
What we can offer you
- Flexible working, including core hours and location flexibility.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Flexible holiday scheme with the option to buy, sell or carry over up to 5 days a year.
- Moving home leave.
- 10% of your time dedicated to personal development.
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription.
- Enhanced family leave policies.
- Insurance benefits including life assurance.
- Love Mondays events.
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers.
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues.
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.