- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £80000 - £110000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 429692
Principal Data Scientist
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join their established team based in Holborn, London (work from home 3 days a week).
As the PDS of a team of data specialists, you will lead by example in the development of innovative solutions that keep Reed.co.uk at the forefront of a data-driven market and have a proven track record of developing and deploying machine learning models in a commercial environment.
You will help grow, support and mentor your members. As a recognised leader in the data science community you will leverage sophisticated machine learning and big data technologies, overcoming a variety of data and engineering challenges to allow customers to discover their perfect career.
You’ll have experience in the latest tech available such as deep learning, probability, statistics, machine learning theory, data mining algorithms, and cloud technologies, helping to design the platform and practices for the future of data science at reed.co.uk. You will be involved in some of the latest advancements in the recruitment technology field and be able to use your skills to help guide the businesses technology stack to improve and understand the jobs market.
The PDS role will provide technical and strategic guidance to the business while offering leadership and the opportunity to influence the future roadmap and strategic direction. You will be able to grow a small team of data specialists and their career development whilst maintaining a culture of continuous learning and iteration.
The role will involve using machine learning to identify patterns and trends by analyzing, interpreting enriching and running experiments on both jobs and candidate related data to improve our products and services. Additionally you will be responsible for guiding the team on delivery best practices and the team’s data architecture developing a CICD platform for a regular release process into a production environment.
Working alongside engineers to help us build-out a core suite of data products and services based around improving the experience of job seekers looking for jobs and recruiters looking for candidates.
Drawing on your strong stakeholder management skills, and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, you’ll contribute to securing the necessary support and funding to ensure the success of these capabilities.
Skills and Experience
You will be a data evangelist, with a background in data science, and good knowledge of statistical analysis, data processing and modelling of large datasets to derive new insights; presenting insights back to stakeholders, developing prototypes of tools or learning models.
You will need
- A Masters/PHD Degree in a quantitative subject with strong technical or scientific background
- A recognised machine learning expert with recognition and publications
- Advanced knowledge of ML and deep learning
- Experience in developing senior stakeholder relationships
- Experience with cloud platforms, infrastructure and delivery
- (Desirable) Fluency of Python, and common machine learning packages i.e. scikit-learn
- To be a self-starter, bringing your own curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm and real world problem-solving to a highly motivated team
- Deep knowledge of one or more in the following technical areas, with an appreciation for all:
– Natural language processing
– Data Science best practices
– Data dictionaries and advanced documentation
– Data Mining
– Deep learning
– Search Technologies
– Exploratory Data Analysis
– Predictive Analytics
– Statistical modeling
– Data Visualization
– Data compliance and governance policies
– Information retrieval
– Text analytics
– Big data
– Cloud Technologies AWS/GCP
– Structured query language (SQL)
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.