- Office Location: Copenhagen House, 5-10 Bury Street, London EC3A 5AT
- Office Name: London Sourcing Centre - Bury St
- Sector: Talent Solutions
- Salary: £21000 - £24000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 456044
Payroll Team Leader
Team Leader – Payroll
Contract: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours – Mon to Fri)
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000 depending on experience plus ILW and bonus
Reed exists to win, develop, and retain profitable, long term, complex, resourcing contracts with clients in the public and private sectors. The provision of Staff Bank solutions plays a significant role in the strategic development of Reed.
The payroll function is responsible for the production of payroll files, MI downloads and other various reports. We payroll around 19,000 shifts per month by over 3,000 Trust Bank employees.
The individual will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will be required to manage the payroll services across all the Trust’s hospitals covering five locations. The ability to build relationships with the stakeholders and senior managers is paramount in delivering the service.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Responsible for the day-to-day activity of all Payroll team members and responsible for keeping up to date with team members learning and development, quarterly reviews, and annual appraisals.
- Responsible for the day-to-day provision of timesheet and payroll data to ensure the smooth running of Trust payrolls and ensuring that daily and weekly deadlines are met. Ensure that the payroll procedures for the payroll staff are maintained and updated.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of the payroll files and programs that are required for end-to-end processing of the weekly payrolls. These are carried out, according to the agreed schedule, both daily and weekly.
- Ensure that the production of various Excel spreadsheets; daily, weekly and on an ad hoc basis are carried out to accurately record and reconcile payroll information.
- Liaise with various external agencies to provide copy timesheets and other information as needed. Respond to incoming queries from bank workers, managers, internal contacts, and partner suppliers.
- Ensure all new starters, changes in banding and Substantive bank workers are actioned on the payroll system (ESR) on time every week, to process payment for the following Friday. Process adjustments and uplifts as per current processes.
- Carry out the creation of communications as and when required, for informing the Imperial Staff Bank of changes of policy, amended procedures, payroll arrangements over Bank Holidays, etc.
- Identify efficiencies and improvements and work with the Operations Manager, Account Director and Group IT to produce specifications, support testing and delivery of these projects
- Work with the Software Testing team to agree test plans and make resources available to ensure that all developments are fully tested, and that no issues are identified in production.
- Keep up to date with relevant payroll legislation to ensure that all payroll data capture and presentation to the Trust’s payroll processor remains compliant with the latest legislation
- Provide technical and management support to the Operations Manager as and when required in the various payroll areas: Staff Bank Worker Payroll.
Why join Reed?
- Management Training Academy for ongoing career progression
- Represent a respected brand name established in 1960
- Work one day a week for charity – 18% of REED is owned by The Reed Foundation
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays – option to buy up to 5 additional days per year
If you’re looking for an amazing opportunity, please apply today!
Join REED – Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduates To Work For 2018/19
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. REED is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.