- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 489071
Oracle Unix Systems Administrator
Experienced Oracle DBA with Linux Administration skills required for the Reed Specialist Recruitment IT Enterprise Systems Team, based in Raynes Park.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
Building upon its extensive experience in the Recruitment market place, REED aims to maintain its market leading position through the innovative use of technology to drive both productivity gains and open up new market opportunities. Technology will power these ambitions through scalable and adaptable solutions that can be delivered faster to market, in a mobile first model, to better meet the changing and diverse needs of its customers.
Reed is currently going through a programme of Digital Transformation across its entire IT estate that will radically transform the way in which the organisation delivers its IT Services.
We are therefore looking for an experienced dynamic, and enthusiastic Oracle DBA with at least 3 years production database support experience to join its in-house IT team to both shape and deliver the technology solutions which will drive our business forwards.
The responsibilities will be for the general maintenance, patching and tuning of our Oracle Databases and associated application environments, which are predominantly Tomcat based, and as such diagnosing Tomcat and JVM related issues are beneficial skills.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of SQL tuning and able to assist our developers as and when required with best practice and general advice.
The role includes the maintenance of the Linux Operating System used, and from this perspective, bash scripting skills are important as well as any configuration management experience.
The role entails responsibility for projects through the whole cycle from dev to live.
You will be expected to be proactive in working with the existing team in supporting the 24×7 infrastructure on a day to day basis. You will be involved in looking at ways to improve methods, procedures, and systems design. You will be self-motivated, be able to work as either part of a team or individually, sharing workload as appropriate. You will be keen to learn new technologies and products as part of the role by investigations and self learning. Problem solving skills are essential, along with the ability to create clear and concise documentation as an integral part of the role.
As Reed extends its transformation to a cloud first model, although not a prerequisite, knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps skills will be a distinct advantage to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a DBS check. Out of normal office hours work is a requirement at times, as well as providing out of hours Oncall support on a team rota basis. Please apply with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for this role (please send to email@example.com).
- 3 years Production Environment,
- Oracle Database 12.1 installation & patching, preferably 12.2/18c/19c.
- Strong Systems Tuning,
- Database security,
- Linux Administration (Enterprise Linux 7)
- Shell Scripting,
- Backup, Recovery, Capacity management,
- Tomcat / JVMs.
Advantage: Experience in any of the following:
- Systems Hardening (security),
- Networking / Load Balancing technologies,
- Enterprise Service Bus,
- ITIL / Servicenow,
- Azure, Oracle Cloud,
- Puppet or similar,
- o365 / MS Teams webhooks etc
- Oracle Applications 12i (Financials, HR, Payroll, Self Service),
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g,
- NetApp Filers,
- Hardware Setup/Configuration,
- Blade Server Infrastructure.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.