- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £45000 - £50000
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 523393
Reed.co.uk is looking for a Management Accountant to join their established Finance team in Holborn on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Management Accountant role within Reed.co.uk plays a critical role in producing management information (MI) for the business and reconciling balance sheet accounts. You will work closely with the finance team and other internal stakeholders, both within reed.co.uk and across the Reed group of companies, to identify where improvements to the balance sheet and MI report processes can be made.
You will assume responsibility for ensuring best practice is used throughout the Finance team which will include continuously identifying improvements to controls, processes and policies, whilst also addressing day to day queries from various stakeholders and recommending appropriate business focussed solutions.
- Calculation of revenue and costs to be recognised in the P&L
- Production of accurate management accounts
- Production of department P&Ls
- Key balance sheet reconciliations with justification of all balances
- Ownership of Self billing process
- Keeping source data accurate and up to date
- Support AP as and when needed
Key Measures and Targets
- Production of accurate and timely MI reports to external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the financial position of the organisation at all times
- Producing accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations
- Successfully dealing with ad-hoc queries from internal stakeholders and clients
- Recommending successful improvements of processes and implementing
Capabilities and Competencies
- Proven success in a similar role, producing accounts up to Trial Balance
- Strong and relevant Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy and self-regulation and with a hands on proactive approach
- Ability to produce timely and accurate information in a pressurised environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop relationships and communicate with stakeholders at all levels and challenge where necessary
- Flexible working, including core hours and location flexibility.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Flexible holiday scheme with the option to buy, sell or carry over up to 5 days a year.
- Moving home leave.
- 10% of your time dedicated to personal development.
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription .
- Enhanced family leave policies.
- Insurance benefits including life assurance.
- Love Mondays events.
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers.
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues.
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.