- Office Location: 900 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7RG
- Office Name: Head Office - N900
- Salary: £25000 - £30000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 459818
Junior Finance Business Partner
Reed are looking for a Junior Finance Business Partner to join their expanding team based in Northampton
Job Title: Junior Finance Business Partner
Reporting to: Finance Business Partner
Based: Northampton Brackmills
Salary: £25, 000 – £30,000
Reed is the largest part of the Reed Group (www.reed.com). Operating since 1960, Reed is one of the best-known names in the recruitment industry because people trust us to deliver world class recruitment solutions.
We are currently recruiting for this commercially focussed role suiting a part-qualified or qualified accountant. You will need to be a confident communicator looking for an opportunity to be a valued business partner.
This role will assist the finance team in providing insight and analysis to the revenue generating parts of the business and assist in preparation of periodic reporting. A key part of this role is creating, developing and maintaining business and finance processes to ensure data is accurate and useable.
Junior Finance Business Partners will assist in developing meaningful analysis to the business, to assist them in meeting their goals, both regular and ad-hoc in nature. The role will also require you to balance being part of the team that’s accountable for decisions, with being part of the ‘policing’ team that challenges costs and expenditure. You will need to be able to identify potential improvements and issues then provide, develop and present viable solutions.
- Creating invoicing bespoke to customer needs with supporting detail
- Ensure a timely and accurate bonus scheme process
- Engage with the implementation teams to ensure clients and company needs are met
- Assist in production of timely and accurate periodic management reporting via dashboards or the most appropriate method
- Deal with ad-hoc queries from operations
- Develop and feedback on current reporting, maintaining relevance and accuracy
- Provide commercial support to operations (cost control, pricing etc.)
- Contribute to any relevant training courses run for Reed co-members, enhancing financial awareness and understanding in the operational groups
- Contribute towards an improvement based environment within the Commercial Finance Team & help drive improved business performance
The ideal candidate will likely be a numerate graduate, probably studying towards an accountancy qualification. The candidate must be a confident communicator, able to tailor their communication style to deliver financial information to a non-finance audience. Strong Excel capability would be an advantage along with excellent analytical skills, commercial awareness, a creative approach to problem solving and the desire to ‘see things through’.
– Please note, we do offer dynamic working within this role, however your base office will be in Northampton and you will be required to work from there on a weekly basis, so we do require you to be within commuting distance of this office.
Why join REED?
- Paid sabbaticals for continuous service
- Health Cash Plan helps Co-Members pay for everyday healthcare appointments
- Personal Development Fund to put towards a course of your choice
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the opportunity to buy 5 additional days per year
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.