- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £50000 - £65000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 495912
Reed Specialist Recruitment is seeking an experienced Java Developer to join its successful, dynamic and experienced in-house development team, based in Raynes Park London.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
Working as part of a business-critical IT development team you will have responsibility for supporting and developing a wide portfolio of Java/Oracle internal and external systems for one of the UK’s largest recruitment agencies. There will be a mix of ad-hoc and routine work as well as specific projects in what is a very busy and demanding role.
Ideally you will be educated to degree or equivalent level in an IT discipline and be able to demonstrate experience in developing Java based web applications using the Spring or Spring Boot framework as well as excellent SQL knowledge. Good knowledge of Hibernate, Microservices, Security (JWT/Saml/Oauth), Restful Services, Integration technologies, and using PL-SQL in creating triggers, procedures, packages in Oracle would be an advantage is a distinct advantage.
You must have experience of developing, maintaining and running performant software applications in a business critical environment.
Good communication skills are a must as the role will require constant contact with business owners, the wider development teams, understanding the user goals and producing systems that answer both a business and technical need.
The candidate will possess:
- Excellent design skills, with a talent for turning functional designs into elegant solutions
- A fast learner with excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
The candidate will have proven experience in:
- Designing and developing complex web applications
- Experience in
- Java 8/11.
- Spring Boot, Hibernate and associated technologies
- Experience of relational databases (Oracle or similar)
- Experience of unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of modern architectures and interfaces (Restful services, microservices etc)
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience of version control tools (Git or similar)
- Experience of Atlassian Suite of collaboration tools (Jira/Confluence/BitBucket)
- Node, Gulp, Groovy, Grails Framework
- Experience with search indexes (Solr or similar)
- Reactive Web Clients.
- Distributed caching e.g. Hazelcast.
- Experience porting monolithic services to microservices.
- Restful services, Json
- Oauth2, JWT, Saml
- Performance optimisation
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, and build automation (Maven/Gradle or similar and Jenkins or similar)
- Experience of cloud service-based infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS etc)
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.