- Office Location: 4th Floor, The Exchange, 3 New York Street, Manchester, M1 4HN
- Office Name: Screening and Compliance - New York Street
- Sector: Central Support
- Salary: £35000 - £45000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 451474
Head of Data Management
- Role: Head of Data Management
- Location: Manchester or London (please note that we offer flexibility to work between the home and office)
- Contract: Full Time, Permanent, Monday – Friday
- Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per annum depending on experience
The Head of Data Management is responsible for developing and overseeing data management governance for the Reed Group of companies including data security, data management, data quality, and data policies. The Head of Data Management will be responsible for managing compliance with GDPR and other related legislation, external certifications such as ISO27001, and managing any data issues as they arise, and reporting trends and analysis to senior management.
As the Head of Data Management you will be responsible for:
- Be the subject matter expert to inform and advise operations of their obligations under the GDPR and other data protection regulations.
- Identify and monitor the data processors
- Process and respond to all requests for information, correction, or erasure by data subjects
- Respond to data subject inquiries and complaints
- Develop and implement the organisation’s data protection policies
- Developing, implementing, and managing the data risk management and compliance framework and governance structure
- Conduct data mapping, data flow and record keeping, as well as determine the associated legal basis of processing
- Act as the contact point for the Supervisory Authorities on issues
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Collaborating with IT, Marketing, and Legal to ensure alignment between cyber security and privacy and data protection practices
- Identifies privacy risks and issues
- Manage internal and external privacy compliance audits as required
- Maintain and improve a data privacy impact assessment framework and facilitate an assessment to advise on privacy risks and suggested mitigations
- Advise on marketing and third-party initiatives involving consent
What can REED offer me in return?
You will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, the chance to buy, sell and carry over holiday, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes of up to £500 every 5 years, day off to move house, paid rewards for innovative ideas, and many many more!
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.