- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Sector: Software Engineering
- Salary: £Neg - £Neg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 441365
Head of Data
Reed.co.uk are looking for a Head of Data to join their expanding team based in Holborn, Central London.
Here at Reed.co.uk our vision is simple: we aim to connect people to a world of opportunities online.
Reed.co.uk is the UK’s leading online destination for careers, and connects millions of people to new opportunities every day. As well as thousands of jobs, Reed.co.uk also offers a variety of courses to support people looking to take the next step in their career. We’re looking for people who want to make a difference and are passionate about helping people in their career journey.
Our mission is to help people achieve their ambitions by matching them to a job they’ll love and we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Reed.co.uk is the UK’s biggest source of unique job content and attracts millions of jobseekers everyday. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced data professional to join Reed.co.uk as Head of Data and be responsible for owning the data strategy. The successful candidate will lead the development of a unified data ecosystem, driving business’ ability to create and utilise numerous AI/ML models, delivering great matchmaking capabilities between job seekers and their next opportunity, and enabling the data driven decision making in real time powering a new performance based model.
Based in our London office, this hands-on management role is a perfect opportunity for a highly skilled Data leader passionate about driving the change and delivering tangible value.
- Work with senior leadership to identify and drive growth opportunities based on data, educating and helping us transform to a truly data driven company.
- Drive design, implementation and adoption of a modern, highly connected data ecosystem, providing governance and regulations and replacing legacy, organically grown systems and tools.
- Create data infrastructure to enable real time, programmatic data analysis and decision making based on AI/ML models.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities for data science to bring value to our customers and users at mass and at pace.
- Lead a team of DB engineers, data scientists, data engineers, ML engineers and BI developers, driving excellence and innovation across the board.
- In collaboration with other relevant teams, ensure highest levels of compliance with relation to data collection and retention. Maintain and improve a Data Privacy Impact Assessment framework, identify risks and suggest mitigations.
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management ability on all levels.
- Understanding and experience of applying Data Science techniques and methodologies to a wide range of problems.
- Proven practical experience in design, development and optimisation of complex real time streaming data pipelines, models and algorithms.
- Practical knowledge of AWS, GCP and Azure (including specific data related tech and services), Snowflake, BigQuery and visualisation tools.
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL, No-SQL, Big Data and DWH concepts and technologies.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Experience working across multiple data sources including marketing, sales and customer data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- 5+ years of proven experience in senior leadership roles in the Data domain.
What we offer
Alongside an inclusive and fun working environment we also offer flexible working as standard, including the option to work 3 days a week from home when we return to our offices later in the year.
- Flexible working as standard (including remote working options and flexible working hours)
- 10% weekly personal development time
- Regular hack days with rewards for prize winners
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible holiday scheme (buy, sell and carry over your holiday)
- Paid time off to move home
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Insurance benefits including life assurance
- Love Mondays events
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.