- Office Location: England
- Office Name: Graduate Scheme
- Salary: £24000 - £27500
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 502739
Our three-year Graduate Scheme offers a supportive, progressive, and dynamic career path for talented graduates looking to work for an industry-leading company. We have even been recognised as a Top Graduate Employer.
Are you a graduate who is looking to launch your career within one of the UK’s leading Graduate Schemes? Do you have a 2:1 or higher in your undergraduate degree? Are you a motivated and result-driven person? Then the Reed Graduate Scheme could be the ideal programme for you!
The Reed Graduate Scheme has been running for over 20 years and has a track record of producing highly skilled, senior professionals. Examples of our current senior leadership team that started on the scheme include: Pierre Vangrevelynghe (Managing Director, Reed Learning), James Bridgland (Consulting & Solutions Director, Reed Talent Solutions), and Richard Stacey (Senior Head of HR, Reed in Partnership) to name just a few!
Benefits of being on the Reed Graduate Scheme
- £24,000-£27,500 starting salary (depending on role and location)
- Access to a senior mentor
- Annual appraisal to increase to your basic salary
- Flexible career routes and fast-track routes to management
- 3-day induction at the Reed Business School in the Cotswolds
- Industry-leading job training from our dedicated Learning & Development teams
- Professional qualification sponsorship from year two (e.g. CIPD, CIM, Prince2, Harvard HBXCore)
Your First Year
To join our scheme you’ll need to start in an operational role in one of the three areas of the Reed Group:
- Reed – Our Recruitment Consultants matching our clients with prospective candidates. This role has vacancies across the UK and the bonus for the first year is around £3,000-5,000.
- Reed in Partnership – Our Employment Advisers support those with barriers to get into employment to find work. This role has vacancies across the UK and is the ideal role for those that are intrinsically motivated.
- Reed.co.uk – Our Sales Executive deliver on commercial income targets for designated target market through Business Development activities. This role is based in Covent Garden and has an expected first year bonus income of £6,000-10,000.
Beyond Year One
By now you will have developed invaluable skills that can be transferred into a whole range of career avenues.
Loving the job? Stay on and work your way up to management through our Career Development Framework which rewards those who deliver on targets. You’ll also be given management training to help you make the transition into senior roles.
Want to expand your horizons? As a member of the Graduate Scheme you’ll have the option to move to another department or area of the Reed Group. Typical roles available on rotation include positions in areas such as: Marketing, Finance, IT, HR, and range of Project roles to meet the strategic business growth needs. Please be advised that most of these roles will be based in our Headquarters in London or Northampton. Alternatively you may choose to move to another operational role such as a Sales Executive at Reed.co.uk, Recruitment Consultant within Reed or Employment Advisor with Reed in Partnership.
Whilst your qualifications and prior experience will of course influence potential managers, performance in your roles at Reed and your ability to impress internal stakeholders hold more power. For example we have a Legal Assistant with an Art History degree and an IT analyst with a Bachelors in Spanish with Anthropology!
Reed’s Commitment to Society
In addition to providing invaluable services to jobseekers and clients, and helping the social mobility of the UK workforce, Reed redirects 18% of its profits into the Reed Foundation which has been allocating charitable funds for almost 30 years. These funds have helped develop Reed’s own charities such as Ethiopiaid and WomanKind. Additionally, The Big Give helps raise millions of pounds each year for charitable causes through its match-funding technology.
The scheme has three annual intakes in Winter, Autumn and Summer with capped intake numbers for each. Apply now to start your journey with Reed!
**This job role is open for external candidates only**
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.