- Office Location: The Manor Little Compton Moreton in Marsh, GL56 0RZ
- Office Name: Reed Business School
- Salary: £21000 - £25000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 501569
Gardener – Join the garden team in our Arts and Crafts garden.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
We’re looking for a gardener to join our team at Reed Business School and our substantial Arts and Crafts garden – there is a lot more here than the business name implies! This is an exciting role where you have the opportunity to have your input into the team. We are also open annually for the NGS. Company benefits include free lunch and parking, pension scheme, discounted health care plan, and Reed Reward Hub.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to head gardener and deputy head gardener
- Mow and edge lawns in style consistent with required standards
- Maintain and plant when necessary, trees, shrubs, herbaceous and flower borders
- Hedge cutting
- Propagation including growing bedding plants, watering, and storing plants throughout the winter period
- The management and care of either the deer or sheep
- Participating in weekend rota duties to ensure animal husbandry and plant watering is carried out as required
- Attend any training courses identified, commensurate with the role, including for the purposes of health & safety and safeguarding
- To assist in general duties on behalf of Reed Business School as required
- Positive attitude
- Enjoys feedback
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work in small team with a flexible approach to assist colleagues
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Previous all round garden skills experience
- Good knowledge of plants
- Experience of mowing
- City & Guilds Level 2 (or equivalent)
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.