- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £50000 - £65000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 436028
Front End Developer
Reed Specialist Recruitment is seeking an experienced front end web developer to join its successful, dynamic and experienced in-house development team, based in Raynes Park London.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
The UX/UI Developer role is an exciting full-time position that will be responsible for driving the development of the dynamic user experience for a wide portfolio of internal and external systems for one of the UK’s largest recruitment agencies.
Working across a team of developers, you will focus on bridging the gap between design and functionality, making the best use of web technologies, and forging a strategy for future products and proven ability in the modernisation of existing systems.
The successful candidate will have a passion for a mobile first responsive design and usability, coding to W3C standards as well as a strong understanding of accessibility standards and cross-browser awareness.
Good communication skills are a must as the role will require constant contact with business owners, the wider development teams, understanding the user goals and producing user interfaces that answer both a business and technical need.
The candidate will possess:
- Excellent design skills, with a talent for turning functional UIs into elegant UIs
- A fast learner with excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
The candidate will have proven experience in:
- Designing and developing UIs for complex web applications
- A proven ability to migrate and upgrade existing front end frameworks
- Improving and upgrading systems with dynamic, client-side functionality
- Experience in following processes for UI including:
- Fully responsive mobile-first development
- User analysis and testing
- Wire framing and prototyping
- Story boarding
- Ability to scope MVP or functionality within an iterative & incremental development environment.
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum, Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins or other related tools.
- Experience in
- Angular 1.8+
- Unit testing
- Web Application Security
- Front-End integration with Back-End REST APIs
- Performance optimisation
- Experience of working with a Java Development team utilising technologies such as Oauth, JWT, Json, Rest, Spring etc
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.