- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £50000 - £65000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 433534
Front End Developer
Reed Specialist Recruitment is seeking an experienced front end web developer to join its successful, dynamic and experienced in-house development team, based in Raynes Park London.
The UX/UI Developer role is an exciting full-time position that will be responsible for driving the development of the dynamic user experience for a wide portfolio of internal and external systems for one of the UK’s largest recruitment agencies.
Working across a team of developers, you will focus on bridging the gap between design and functionality, making the best use of web technologies, and forging a strategy for future products and proven ability in the modernisation of existing systems.
The successful candidate will have a passion for a mobile first responsive design and usability, coding to W3C standards as well as a strong understanding of accessibility standards and cross-browser awareness.
Good communication skills are a must as the role will require constant contact with business owners, the wider development teams, understanding the user goals and producing user interfaces that answer both a business and technical need.
The candidate will possess:
- Excellent design skills, with a talent for turning functional UIs into elegant UIs
- A fast learner with excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
The candidate will have proven experience in:
- Designing and developing UIs for complex web applications
- A proven ability to migrate and upgrade existing front end frameworks
- Improving and upgrading systems with dynamic, client-side functionality
- Experience in following processes for UI including:
- Fully responsive mobile-first development
- User analysis and testing
- Wire framing and prototyping
- Story boarding
- Ability to scope MVP or functionality within an iterative & incremental development environment.
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum, Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins or other related tools.
- Experience in
- Angular 1.8 to 8, React, Node, Gulp
- Unit testing
- Web Application Security
- Front-End integration with Back-End REST APIs
- Performance optimisation
- Experience of working with a Java Development team utilising technologies such as Oauth, JWT, Json, Rest, Spring etc
Join Reed and help us achieve our purpose of improving lives through work.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- Glassdoor Top CEOs 2019
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our Values, Your Values; Our Future, Your Future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.