- Office Location: 120 Coombe Lane Raynes Park London, SW20 0BA
- Office Name: Head Office - Raynes Park
- Salary: £25000 - £29000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 488088
Finance and Treasury Assistant
Reed Specialist Recruitment is looking for a Treasury and Accounts Assistant to join its Group Finance and Tax Team. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the compliance, financial dynamics and business strategy of the entire Reed Group and to have an impact on these.
Reed is the most recognised recruitment brand in the UK, with a rich history and reputation for improving lives through work, for over 60 years. Delivering recruitment solutions with many household brands throughout the UK and globally, we find new jobs and careers for people from many different backgrounds across multiple business sectors. As trailblazers in our field, our business has depth, and the types of recruiters and the opportunities available across Reed, vary enormously.
We look for people who want an inclusive and collaborative environment, who strive for performance and celebrate team success, in a challenging and rewarding career.
This role will work as part of the group’s Finance and Tax Team, gaining exposure to both financial and commercial issues and developing expertise in these areas.
The Treasury and Accounts Assistant is responsible for administering the group Treasury function, as well as undertaking other ad-hoc accounting duties. Tasks include periodic cashflow preparation, payment administration and liaison with other Reed Group entities to provide a view of the group cash position to senior management.
- Prepare and issue daily treasury analysis and balance information
- Facilitate the group cash flow and liquidity management
- Assist in the preparation of periodic group financial reports
- Enter and transmit a variety of bank transactions
- Calculate periodic balance movement reconciliations across various bank accounts
- Day to day relationship management with banks in the UK and abroad
Excellent administration skills, specifically, highly organised and methodical with a keen eye for detail and an ability to review and transform financial data into reports required by the company directors and senior team.
As a confident communicator, you will be able to effectively build relationships with the wider team and Reed Group, collating relevant information and dealing with queries in an effective and professional manner. Trustworthy and an ability to work alone and on your own initiative.
The nature of this role will suit someone who is numerate with a high level of accuracy when it comes to dealing with financial statements, payments and reports. Attention to details is extremely important, as the accuracy of reporting is key to ensuring any risk of loss.
A good analytical and problem solving mindset will enable you to bring a fresh approach and new ideas to old challenges.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.