- Office Location: 1 Colmore Square Birmingham, B4 6AJ
- Office Name: Birmingham Education
- Salary: £35000 - £45000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 537271
- Annual Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 plus bonus and car allowance
- Location: Birmingham City Centre
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Manager to lead the Reed Birmingham office in the education sector. With a strong billing history and an excellent reputation, we are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with a passion for success to manage our secondary education sector team.
Why join Reed’s education division?
Reed’s education division is one of the UK’s fastest growing education recruitment agencies, providing expertise in primary, secondary, SEN and further education to schools, colleges, local authorities, and educational organisations. Reed’s education division was founded over 25 years ago and we have 30 offices across England and Wales. Our service is centred on an ethical approach to recruitment and a dedication to attracting and supporting the best candidates –both teaching and non-teaching professionals.
Day to Day of the role:
- Oversee the management of the Reed Birmingham office with full P&L control.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with existing school clients, ensuring high levels of service and retention.
- Actively pursue new client opportunities to expand the branch’s reach and impact.
- Lead, manage, and develop the team through a culture of coaching and continuous improvement.
- Drive the growth of day-to-day, long-term, and permanent recruitment services, setting and achieving ambitious targets.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven track record of success in recruitment, whether from a primary, secondary, or SEN desk background.
- Experience in day-to-day supply, long-term placement, and permanent recruitment for schools is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership qualities with a strategic and positive mindset.
- Excellent motivational and inspirational skills to lead a team effectively.
- Ability to manage an office with full P&L responsibility and a focus on business development.
- Incentive schemes including holiday vouchers, tech bundles, and the chance to win a Tesla.
- Sabbatical opportunities at five and ten years of service.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and moving home leave
- Personal development funding and discount with Reed Courses
- Access to Reed Reward Hub with access to wellbeing resources, gym discounts, savings with online shopping and cashback
- Health cash plan giving you cashback on everyday healthcare expenses
- Dynamic working with the flexibility to work between home and office.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in leading our team. If successful, our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to arrange an initial telephone interview, followed by a video interview or face-to-face meeting.
Please note that confirmation of offers and start dates during this time may be impacted by economic changes and government advice.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Feel what it’s like to truly belong…
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer, proud signatories of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants and ex-services personnel, reservists and cadets, who meet the minimum criteria.