- Office Location: Dragon Court, 27-29 Macklin Street, London WC2B 5LX
- Office Name: Reed.co.uk
- Salary: £35000 - £40000
- Job Type: Contract
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 489176
About Reed Courses
Reed Courses is the UK’s largest E-learning marketplace, and sister company to Reed.co.uk; one of Britain’s most established digital brands. Our E-commerce marketplace works with hundreds of respected learning providers and instructors, to help advertise over 80,000 courses in a wide range of subjects; from accounting and HR right through to fitness and cooking. We offer courses for both consumers and businesses – helping individuals learn something new and develop their careers, whilst also allowing employers to upskill their staff and create a more knowledgeable workforce. Our mission is to help everyone achieve their goals through learning.
One of our key strategic areas of development is ensuring quality as at the heart of our ecommerce marketplace. We want to ensure that 100% of the time we’re ensuring course seekers are served with an informative, factually correct product listing, advertising a quality course, provided by a quality course provider.
To achieve this, we’re looking for someone to lead the charge on redefining our quality control policies, and how we enforce them, from the ground up.
You’ll start by conducting a comprehensive review of all of our current guidance for course providers – including legal documents such as contracts. You’ll spend time reviewing our product range to gain a full understanding of the types of courses we support, as well as understanding how our current quality processes work and the challenges that we have encountered enforcing them.
You’ll collaborate with key stakeholders, gathering requirements and utilising all this to develop a new set of policies which reflect our current range of content and the strategic goals of the business.
You’ll also be responsible for leading on implementation of these new quality processes you develop, dealing directly with course providers, listening to feedback, and supporting difficult conversations.
Finally, you’ll collaborate with internal users and the Product team to develop technical solutions to automatically apply the new standards where possible, and developing new internal flows to make it easy for internal users to access information about courses breaking the new standards and assisting with ease of human intervention.
You’ll be someone who enjoys grappling with complex customer issues, approaching any task with diligence and systematic thoroughness. Excellent at solving problems under your own steam, and with a strong will to implement your solutions, you’ll guide and support your team to do the same, assisting with difficult conversations and provider objections, while providing the right guidance to help them improve.
Most importantly, you’ll have a strong sense of fair play, with a desire to help our course providers improve, and see our course seekers thrive. With plenty of scope to grow and expand your remit, and plenty of opportunities to work with senior stakeholders, this role would suit someone looking for accelerated career development.
- Deep understanding of our marketplace product offering, and the range of content that’s available
- Rigorous review of our existing quality policies & documentation
- Creation of a complete set of brand new quality policies, including liaising with our Legal team about any changes which require their approval
- Overseeing communication of new quality policies to our course providers
- Working closely with your team to ensure that your new standards are effectively enforced, while providing useful feedback to course providers
- Liaising with the Product team to develop the tools & reports needed by your team to assist with effective enforce the standards
- First class written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to have difficult conversations firmly and diplomatically
- First class attention to detail
- A methodical & diligent approach to all tasks – you get things done, properly
- Self starting and curious, with the desire to understand problems and find solutions
- Strong research skills
- Business benefit mindset, with the ability to approach problems with a cost vs benefit thought process
- Ability to take the lead, and to help to navigate others through periods of change
- Collaborative approach, with experience working in a cross functional team
What we can offer you
- Flexible working, including core hours and location flexibility.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Flexible holiday scheme with the option to buy, sell or carry over up to 5 days a year.
- Moving home leave.
- 10% of your time dedicated to personal development.
- Financial benefits including pension and health cash plan subscription .
- Enhanced family leave policies.
- Insurance benefits including life assurance.
- Love Mondays events.
- Discount scheme including gyms and popular retailers.
- Range of wellbeing and mental health support avenues.
- Newly refurbished office in an amazing location, with countless bars, restaurants and theatres right on the doorstep.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.