- Office Location: 900 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7RG
- Office Name: Business Development Team
- Salary: £30000 - £34000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 487661
Are you a Bid Writer looking for the next step in your bid career? Or a Bid Manager looking to join a team that is committed to continuous improvement, because Better Never Stops? An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and methodical individual to join the Reed Talent Solutions bid team to support in creating winning business proposals as a Bid Manager. This role will enable you to work at a strategic level within the world’s largest family owned recruitment business; working on major proposals for both new and existing business.
Job Title: Bid Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 per annum dependant on experience + bonus
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Northampton. (We offer a dynamic approach to work, which allows a mix of home and the office throughout the week)
The Role – What does the Bid Manager role look like?
Working on major proposals for both new and existing business. You will develop relationships with senior members of our business development and account management teams and build an extensive knowledge of Reed’s services and unique selling points (USPs).
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will write tenders for clients operating across all industries and sectors
- You will work in partnership with our business development team throughout the proposal process, project managing different stakeholders to ensure we get the information we need, when we need it
- You will regularly review and update our library of information to support our proposals
- You will collate information from across our business, engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- You will support different stages of the tender process, including PQQs, RFIs, ITTs, RFPs
- You will support our approach to continuous improvement and identify better ways of working by conducting reviews with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will create engaging graphics and presentations that support our sales messages
- You will support the wider bid team, particularly junior members of the team, in sourcing information and creating winning responses
The Person – What makes a good Bid Manager?
You must have a passion for writing and a genuine enthusiasm for learning about our business. You will ideally have experience in managing projects and have a good knowledge of recruitment, ideally with experience of bid management within a recruitment industry. You will be confident at working with different stakeholders, in person and remotely, and have an awareness of the tender writing process. You will also be willing to work flexibly to ensure we submit the best tender response within demanding timescales.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Generous bonus schemes that reward you every 4 weeks for improving lives through work
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Impact awards – quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme and annual holidays of a lifetime
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.