- Office Location: 900 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7RG
- Office Name: Head Office - N900
- Salary: £27000 - £32000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Role Type: Full-time
- Job Ref: 479004
Assistant Financial Accountant
The REED family also own investment property and farming businesses in Oxfordshire which has been a successful and growing part of the REED operations over the last few years. The finance team in Northampton are looking to expand their team by providing a bespoke service to this part of the REED business. The role involves direct contact with the REED family and exposure to the most senior directors. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make an impact in this highly visible role.
Achievement is celebrated through…
- Retail savings through Reward Hub, save £100s a year
- Annual high achiever awards held at prestigious venues
- Make memories with the people you care most about by winning a holiday of a lifetime through our peer-to-peer recognition scheme
- Quarterly director-nominated recognition scheme
- Paid sabbaticals and long service awards and the ability to buy more holiday on top of your 25 days
- Access to life assurance to the value of four times your base salary
Your work matters and you’re supported with…
- A personalised learning and development experience, hosted on our bespoke digital learning platform, supported by our experienced in-house team
- Your personal Microsoft device enabling you to work dynamically wherever you work best
- Our dedicated wellbeing centre and health and wellbeing calendar, including everything from financial wellbeing to mindfulness
- Professional and personal development schemes and your choice of three different mentoring schemes
- Feel what it’s like to truly belong – we have inclusion and belonging ambassadors and senior board sponsors, who act as catalysts for change
- An annual opportunity to join our shadow board
Trailblazers in our field…
- Our work benefits society – we were recently recognised in Management Today for our “impressive” Covid-19 contribution
- Be part of our social impact strategy – 18% of Reed owned by the Reed Foundation – meaning you work one day a week for charity. We give globally and have invested over £36m to help alleviate poverty and support Women’s rights worldwide
- We care about the environment – Reed was the first recruitment company to be certified as Carbon Neutral
Feel what it’s like to truly belong.
- Responsible for the property and farming accounting (key contact for several companies involved)
- Manage the reconciliation of balances sheet across specific companies involved.
- Ensuring that all invoices are raised and supplier invoices are appropriately coded and authorised for payment on a monthly basis.
- Completion of monthly VAT returns
- Aide the team in creating accounting process documentation.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of journals and reconciliations.
- Generate management accounts (and other reports) for management review and distribution to stakeholders in line with deadlines set
- Deal with ad hoc queries and show confidence in delivering effective face to face support to senior staff.
- Regular visits to the estate/estate offices in the Oxfordshire
- Support the statutory accounting and audit processes (in 2 companies in particular).
- Operate as a key team member meeting personal work objectives expected for the role completing all work and projects to the highest standard.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders such as: Company directors, HMRC, Farmers, Tax team, Property, external auditors, ONS and HMRC.
Proud winners of:
- #1 Recruitment Agency – Glassdoor Best Places To Work 2020
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work For 2021
- The JobCrowd Top Companies for Apprentices to Work For 2021
Our values, your values; our future, your future
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a Mindful Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. As a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel and reservists.